Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pumpkin Bread




Pumpkin Bread

3 cups Sugar
1 cup Canola Oil (you can substitute Vegetable Oil if you prefer)
4 Eggs-Well beaten
16 Ounces (1 can) Organic Pumpkin (you can substitute any canned pumpkin or if you prefer
you can use fresh pumpkin, but it is seasonal.)
3-1/2 cups King Arthur (all-purpose flour)
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Salt (I prefer sea salt)
1/2 tsp. Ground Cloves
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Allspice
2/3 cup Water


Grease two Loaf Pans
Combine sugar, oil and eggs. Add pumpkin and mix well. I use a 6-quart Kitchen Aid Mixer.
Sift dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture
Add water and beat thoroughly (use a medium speed).
Pour batter into loaf pans and bake in pre-heated oven for 1 hour (until tooth pick comes out clean).

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, that looks very nice, Adrienne! Is it coming to work with you tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I brought it to work and happily it was a big success. I am so happy when I can share something special that I made.

    ReplyDelete